- We carry out our own annual internal audit. The Care Inspectorate monitors our performance and regularly awards us high grades.
- All staff undergo national checks for people working with vulnerable groups and are registered with SSSC.
- All caring staff undergo both general training and training specific for different service user groups. It is rigorous and updated regularly.
- Supervision of care attendants takes a variety of forms. They undergo face to face or telephone supervision interviews four times per year, visits by a line manager in service users’ homes, and an annual appraisal.
- A survey of the service is carried out annually and all points of concern are dealt with as a matter of urgency.
Care Inspectorate 2018
Susan from the Care Inspectorate visited us in November and looked at two areas of our service: Quality of Care and Support and Quality of Staffing. We were awarded grade 5 (very good) for both areas. There were no requirements or recommendations. Grade 6 is awarded only when something new and sector leading is evidenced so we have done extremely well.
During the inspection, Susan received excellent feedback from the service users, relatives and staff. People were very complimentary of the service and staff team. Some of the comments made were:
- “I am grateful for the service I get; I live alone and enjoy the visits”.
- “Thoroughly satisfied with everything and the staff”
- “Always do their utmost to fulfil any request, go over and above the call of duty”.
- “They are all good; I don’t find anything wrong with them”.
- “I am very satisfied with the service”.
- “Excellent service, staff work amazingly and are very kind and friendly”.
- “Service provided promotes social inclusion and reduces isolation”.
- “We would not be able to cope without them”.
Congratulations to all the staff.
Stakeholder Survey 2017
It is very encouraging to see that the majority of responses to the questions on service delivery rated Crossroads as either excellent or good. Generally it appears that Crossroads is a highly thought of and much appreciated service
From the comments, what stakeholders appreciate most about the service are: reliability, flexibility, approachability, responsiveness, friendliness, person centred care, competence of carers, and the personal touch.
Crossroads Staff Survey 2019
The annual staff survey once again produced a slightly disappointing return of only 20 completed questionnaires (about 33% of those sent out). However, those which were returned indicate a high degree of job satisfaction, and also satisfaction with Crossroads as an employer. Care staff felt valued within their work and were confident that any concerns raised with management staff were taken seriously and where appropriate dealt with swiftly.
There were a number of highly complimentary comments about the office staff, indicating how much the care staff appreciate all their hard work and dedication in keeping Crossroads running smoothly.
A number of suggestions were made about possible areas for improvement. Broadly speaking the commonest topics covered were: the CM2000 system(!), staffing and timetabling issues, staff meetings, zero hours contracts, uniforms/protective wear, maintenance of training and standards, and remuneration issues. These will all be considered and discussed by the Board.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete and return their survey forms.
Crossroads Staff Survey 2020
The number of surveys returned this year (47) is once again down on previous years (65 in 2017, 55 in 2018 and 55 in 2019)
Overall, satisfaction with the service received by service users remains very high (as in previous years), with 96% of respondents being either very satisfied (87%) or fairly satisfied (9%).
This was reflected in the overall grading given by service users, with 68% giving the highest(excellent) grade, 17% very good and 6% good. Only 1 person rated the office as weak.
Service users appear to be very appreciative of both the office staff and the care attendants, with a number of respondents writing complimentary comments. In fact there were no significant critical or negative comments on this occasion.
Some of the comments from service users:
“I find all the carers extremely kind, considerate & very helpful.”
“The Management Team is very helpful & I am very pleased with the service.I feel at ease talking to Carol “
“We could not have managed without the help & support of the Crossroads carers coming in.“
“Makes me feel independent. “