Quality & Compliance:
- We operate under the Crossroads (Scotland) Quality Assurance System (CROQAS)
- The Care Inspectorate monitors our performance and regularly awards us high grades.
- All staff undergo national checks for people working with vulnerable groups.
- All caring staff undergo both general training and training specific for different service user groups. It is rigorous and updated regularly.
- Supervision of care attendants takes a variety of forms. They undergo face to face or telephone supervision interviews four times per year, visits by a line manager in service users' homes, and an annual appraisal.
- A survey of the service is carried out annually and all points of concern are dealt with as a matter of urgency.
We were recently inspected by the Care Inspectorate and were delighted to be awarded grade 5 (Very Good) in all areas (Quality of care and support, Quality of staffing, Quality of leadership and management).
Service User Survey
The 2016 annual survey of service users was carried out in May. As in previous years, we were pleased to discover how highly our service users value the service, with an overall satisfaction rate of over 95% of those who returned completed questionnaires. All points raised by service users, their families and carers have been given careful consideration and acted upon by the manager and staff where appropriate, and once again, we appreciate the time and effort service users put in to complete the questionnaires and hope that they find the exercise worthwhile. We certainly do, as it can highlight points which could otherwise be overlooked.
The full report is available as a PDF here.