Welcome to the Job Opportunities page of the Crossroads Care & Support Website.
We are a charity which for over 30 years, has provided an essential service to many people who need care and support in our community. We cover an area from Carsluith, west to Glenluce and from the Ayrshire border south to the sea.
We appreciate and are proud of the level of service provided by our network of support workers who are based throughout our area. We greatly value them by providing the best conditions of service that we can:
- Our payment rate is above that of the Scottish Living Wage and whenever possible is we pay an annual bonus based on hours worked, paid after continuous employment of one year. Other variable bonuses are paid to reflect our appreciation of extra commitment, for example during the Covid pandemic.
- Time for travel between service users is paid in addition to mileage rate – dependent on mode of travel utilised.
- We provide a comprehensive free training programme with regular updates, which includes the fees for SVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care. This is essential for Support Workers and provides an opportunity to gain promotion and increase your earnings and skills. A one-off payment of £100 is made when SVQ 2 is achieved.
- We provide uniforms and pay mandatory Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) and SSSC registration fees.
- Access to a car is an advantage although not essential.
We are looking for people who are:-
Kind: Sympathetic: Friendly: Respectful:
And have the ability to listen.
While personal care is one aspect of the job for some service users, there is so much more to being a support worker. We support all age groups in many different ways, promoting well-being and helping them to maintain their independence.
If you have the qualities needed for the support work we provide and are interested in joining us, please telephone or email the office:- 01988 402003 email@example.com
If you would like a career in social care or if you wish to work flexibly for only a few hours a week, we are keen to speak to you! Please give us a call.
You can read some of the Support Workers’ comments by clicking on the “Service Users Stories” Link